The mission of Oakland Kids First (OKF) is to amplify youth voice, leadership, and power to create engaging and equitable public schools where all students learn and achieve. Founded in 1996 by a multi-racial coalition of youth serving agencies, Oakland Kids First utilizes youth leadership development, peer counseling, and youth organizing to provide hundreds of youth with the skills and opportunities to advance safe and caring school cultures, advocate for increased equity, and improve academic outcomes for low-income youth of color.
Under the supervision of Oakland Kids First Executive Director, the Office Manager oversees office operations, systems, some human resources, and provides program support. We are looking for a detail-oriented person with a great work ethic that can help ensure our systems are functional, our back-end work is timely, and that nothing falls through the cracks. Given that we are committed to partnering with youth to transform their schools, experience in the education/youth development field is a plus.
OFFICE MANAGEMENT: 50%
- Oversee office management systems including phones, mail, equipment maintenance, vendor relationships, supply purchase, space upkeep, requests for information, computer server backup, and office procedures.
- Coordinate the development of an organizational database and train staff how to use it
- Order supplies and apparel for office and programs
- Ensure rent, water, copier, and other bills are paid on time
- Maintain office filing, organization, and calendars
- Occasional off-site shopping
- Assist with setting up new lease and possible move, etc
- Work with IT consultant to process help tickets and ensure computers are in working order
- Coordinate with building maintenance staff as needed
- Provide emergency response support
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT: 10%
- Responsible for ensuring staff are supported within the organization to understand organizational policies and systems. Provide systems orientation to all new staff in the organization
- Act as liaison with benefits provider to secure benefits for staff, including health, dental, vision, worker’s compensation, long-term disability, and retirement plan
- Help revise and maintain personnel policies/handbook
- Track and file leave requests and emergency contacts
- Ensure staff are using appropriate documents and following office policy
- Post job openings and help in interview and hiring process
- Ensure monthly newsletters go out to mailing list
- Grow mailing list
- Manage organizational social media accounts
- Oversee maintenance and development of website.
PROGRAM SUPPORT: 30%
- Help manage logistics for programs and projects as needed
- Help develop agendas for staff meetings and staff retreats
- Help coordinate special events
- Order food and supplies as needed
- Provide transportation to students as needed
- Handle MOUs and invoice needs with schools and organizations
- Act as liaison with finance team and program team
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director as needed
- 1-2 years experience in office management, operations, or administrative support
- Current Drivers License Required
- Access to a car as needed
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Suite programs
- Physically able to walk, stand, climb stair, and lift up to 30 pounds
- Excellent communication skills via phone, email, and in person
- Must pass a background check due to occasional contact with youth
- Graphic and/or web design a plus
Bilingual in Spanish, Arabic, and/or Mam is a plus (though not required for the position) as many of our students speak these languages
COMPENSATION: Position Available at 60% FTE. 24 hours/week. Flexible Schedule
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical and Dental Coverage; Vacation, Medical, and Holiday Leave
Start Date: August 5, 2019
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Cover letter should include why you think you are an ideal candidate for this position and what experience you have that would prepare you for this position. Please include the job title in the subject line.
We are unable to accept phone calls or walk-ins.